Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 has a very inspiring feel so far!

1Jan11, 2:30pm Hot yoga with Michael Lau
2Jan11, 8:45am-7pm day filled with a long hike through the mountains in the Northeaster New Territories
3Jan11, 7am: Hot yoga with Michael Lau
4Jan11, 6:30pm: Hatha yoga with Shirley Wong


Wow, what a year so far, and I'm at this moment only 71 hours into it! I have so much rolling around in my head, as I have been thinking A LOT over the past few weeks, let alone over the calendar year transition. Some of it will most definitely have to wait for a future post. Meanwhile, I'll see what comes together here, right now.

First off, I want to mention that I am inspired... daily... hourly even! Just on this... the world wide web... the triple-w, ha ha, I am consistently inspired by my closest friends and family, by old acquaintances from years past, new acquaintances from last week, and even perfect strangers. I think I could read my twitter feed all day and barely have a moment to sip my coffee between connecting with recommended blogs, news stories, and viewing twitpics. I know everyone is on the internet and social media for different reasons. I, for one, am on the internet to stay connected with friends and family, as I've mentioned so many times when creating this blog, and that is probably the most common use. Ok. Secondly, however and sometimes primarily, I connect because to me my network is my catalyst... my network catalyzes my thoughts and actions through inspiration. All of you... you trigger great things in my brain, heart, and soul... you make me want to read more, write more, think more, talk more, love more... it's fantastic! So, thank you. Here are a few bloggers that have either been inspiring me for years or literally only a few days, respectively... thank you...

...for telling it like it is but in a mindful way, for concomitantly dissing and embracing yoga and yogis and unnamed black stretchy pants, for your honesty, for being damn prolific, and for posts such as "Confessions of a Buddhist Dumbass", you make me feel like the path to spiritual enlightenment (or whatever that means to me now and in the future), is possible... you know, for us every day people: Elephant Journal

... for pointing out the interesting, funny, and momentous in and around Vancouver, for your energy and vigour for life, your travelbug, your planning and goal-setting, your ability to celebrate your accomplishments and encourage others to do so as well, and last but definitely not least, your open love for Oprah: Gotcurls

... for digging deep into the core of yourself and others and trying to understand and give meaning to life, love, success... some via yoga and meditation, some via your innate healing and empathic self, for reaching for the stars and goal-setting, yet for also being ok with whatever the day brings: inspire.believe.embrace

... for having the courage to keep setting new goals, despite having everything you have always wished for and worked for, and openly admitting that, for being honest, for using your blog as an opportunity to explore how you can find new ways to make the world a better place, for reminding and covertly encouraging the rest of us to set goals in the most success-possible way, and most importantly to me, for reminding us how important it is to be happy, and what that might be: What to wish for next?

... for finding a creative way to combine you and your life partner's genius ideas to share with the rest of us in the blogosphere, for the great recipes obviously, for the laughter, for being light-hearted, yet curious and genuinely interested in life and happiness, and for being honest and true to yourself while maintaining a sense of humour: A Closed Mouth Gathers No Food

Others worth mentioning because they also inspire me:

Ecocentric

Care2

Dr. Weil

Intent

Good

Isn't it great that we are living in a world now where an inspiration can be merely a click away?


2 comments:

  1. This is awesome, Jodie! I definitely knew of a couple of those, but also loved checking out the ones I didn't know about. Buddhist Dumb-Ass - that's hilarious! And I completely agree that my network has given me a lot of inspiration - especially lately! Thank you, thank you, thank you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out Jodie! I absolutely love your blog too and I love that you give me inspiration. Also I love your openness and willingness to share your struggles. Keep writing!!

    ReplyDelete