Friday, December 31, 2010

Setting up for... not just the strike of midnight...

29Dec10, 7pm: Hot yoga with Michael Lau
30Dec10, 9:30pm: Hot yoga with Keiki To

I did not care for my yoga teacher this evening, but I still tried someone new and learned a bit despite it not being my style.

Found this gem today...

Setting ourselves up for success... a top ten list that I created from a bit I found written by Prof. Timothy Sharp.

1. Imagine a positive vision of the future, where you’re living a fulfilling, active, and flourishing life.

2. Imagine your best possible self. Which “you” would you like to become?

3. Start living as though you’re at your best now by scheduling positive and inspiring activities into your life.

4. Plan activities that aren’t just pleasurable but require effort and mastery. This will increase the amount of satisfaction you get from them.

5. Be mindful of negative thoughts. Develop and cultivate realistic and optimistic thoughts.

6. Build confidence by trying something new, and believe you can do it.

7. Rather than trying to fix weaknesses, focus on your strengths and then build on these.

8. Take some time to redefine your relationship with food and exercise. Try to make physical activities fun.

9. Enlist the support of encouraging family and friends.

10. Appreciate the good things in your life and the world around you.

I've heard peaceful debates both "for" and "against" #9. What are your thoughts on sharing your goals?

1 comment:

  1. First, you are doing such a great job on your yoga goal! Way to go!!! =)

    I often picture the "me" I want to be, but I think that (at least for me) is easier said than done. I picture a calm, happy girl who deals with stress in productive ways, but when the stress actually hits, I turn into a hot mess... need to keep working on this one! I'm also mindful of negative thoughts, but it's tough to stop them sometimes - I'm a little jealous of those people who say that can pick their attitude - doesn't seem to work so well for me sometimes. Any hints or tips on this one? =)

    I love this list! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete